Monday, July 27, 2009

Spotlight: Owly Shadow Puppets

This is Andrea Everman of Owly Shadow Puppets from Chicago. I first happened upon this lady by accident back in March. I was working on a project and was researching shadow puppets and came across this video about a shadow puppet maker from Chicago. I was so thrilled to see her at the Renegade Craft Fair. What I love about her work is the ritual involved with it. She has really modernized the concept of puppets and made it accessible to people of all ages. I also really enjoy the valentines she makes. They are so funny!! Makes me wish I had a laser cutter!! Check out her website, etsy store, and the video below. I believe she will also be at Chicago Renegade Craft Fair, which is happening September 12th & 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!