Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Bridging Generations

My grandmother emails me little family updates and photos every now and then. And like all grandmas, she keeps herself updated on all my little ventures, specifically my crafting business. In her most recent email, she shared her completed quilted pillow with me as well as an amazing crewel embroidery that my Great Grandma Ruby made. I'm a little jealous of her satin stitch! It's amazing. Seeing their projects reminded me why crafting, no matter what form it takes, is really amazing. I can't think of anything else that is so ageless and provides a bridge for different generations to connect. I love it. Makes me a little sentimental and reminds me of this silly movie, which I am going to have to watch again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!