Thursday, February 25, 2010

Moldy muck muck

My little craft business came to a stand still on Wednesday due to a small household emergency. I discovered late Tuesday night that I had a pretty bad black mold problem growing it's way into my wardrobe in my closet. So for the past two days I have bleaching those little spores away and purging my closet of unsalvageable clothing and shoes. To say the least, it's been pretty draining and I have had to throw out some articles of clothing that had a lot of value to me, including my two prom dresses, a leather jacket, a pair of ferragamo shoes and much, much more.

I'm still trying to save my favorite mustard colored vintage coat and a couple of dresses. I was pretty traumatized to find that an original 1940's dress I had was no longer a nice crispy black but a splotchy musky mess. I was hoping to save it but the material is so old that the mold had pretty much eaten through it. Luckily I only paid $8.00 for it.

(buh-bye dress)

So now that my moldy adventures are almost over (still have 4 loads of laundry to do) I am hoping to return to my happier crafty endeavors very soon. Oh, and if anyone needs any advice on how to tackle mold, feel free to ask me. I'm pretty sure I am mold expert now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!