Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Reading Wish List

Today my co-worker gave me the heads up about a new embroidery book that will be coming out this August by the woman behind the amazing blog, Posies Get Cozy. This lady has such a charmed life! I dream of the day where I can stitch and create all day, while working on my newest publication, and in a lovely Portland home, none the less!

Alicia Paulson's new book titled Embroidery Companion: Classic Designs for a Modern Home sounds like it will have a wonderful variety of new designs. I get the impression that it will have a nice combination of updated classic embroidery designs that one would find in folk art inspired needlework. I'm imagining lots of floral designs that you could stitch onto just about anything! Want to know more? Read about the upcoming book HERE. You can also pre-order it from the same page.

Another book you may want to check out is Redwork from the Workbasket. I found this book while browsing the shelves at Powell's bookstore in Portland. It really is quite phenomenal. The price was a little steep so I decided to wait on purchasing it, but I can't wait to add it to my collection.

The book includes a few wonderful embroidery projects for you to try as well as a cd with JPeg images of some of the featured designs. All the designs come from a craft magazine started in 1935, called Workbasket. You can browse a few pages of the book on Amazon for free. My favorite design is the horse head which you can view on Page 7 with Amazon's "Look Inside!" feature.

Now if only I had some free time to actually stitch up some of these designs for myself.
Sigh . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!