Friday, July 30, 2010

Embroidered Greeting Card DIY!

I am so thrilled to announce that I will be participating in the Museum of Folk Art & Craft's Craft Bar next Thursday! This month's Craft Bar is centered around paper goods so there will be about 3 local artists teaching people different bookmaking projects and I'll be there showing people how to embroider their very own floral post card! The tutorial I am teaching at the Craft Bar has been simplified a little due to time constraints, but you, my lovely blog readers, will get the full tutorial and then you will know all my little greeting card secrets. I have been planning on sharing a DIY embroidered greeting card tutorial for some time on the blog, but it got postponed when I was invited to participate in the Craft Bar. Well, next Thursday I will be publishing my first DIY tutorial (if all goes well)! You will get to learn first hand how to make your own "You Are Awesome" embroidered greeting card.
Pretty cool huh?

Also, if you are in the Bay Area, you should come by to Craft Bar next Thursday.
6-9pm at MOCFA in SF. There is beer and free food. Only $5 for a great time!

2 comments:

  1. This is an awesome idea!

    I think I saw something similar. A woman embroidered the map in her wedding invitations on fabric, then photographed, and put the photographs in the invites. It was really quite clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, pretty! I've been meaning to make it to one of the Craft Bar events for awhile now; maybe I'll finally go this time.

    I did an embroidered Valentine's card tutorial (here: http://transientexpression.wordpress.com/2010/02/02/tutorial-tuesday-valentines-day-card/), but yours looks more complicated. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!