Monday, September 13, 2010

Staff Art Show

I discovered some great pieces in the staff show taking place at the college I am working at. I was elated to see a small series of embroidered "papers" created by a new employee. It's really hard to believe that her embroidery is not on real paper but actual fabric that she sewed to look like actual paper.

My friend Donald, who is an avid knitter, is working on a 4-part series of soft knitted sculptures which are each based on a season. I've seen 3 out of four of his pieces now and they are so amazing! I can't wait to see the whole complete series.

There were many other great pieces in the show, including this lovely screen print by my friend Brian Schuck. He is another artist who has incorporated embroidery into some of his pieces, specifically in his "Fables" series. You can see more of his work HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!