Monday, October 18, 2010

Musik


Just got home from the Treasure Island Music Festival. It was my very first outdoor festival and despite the fact that the weather was icky and very cold, I had a pretty good time.

I actually didn't care too much about the bands that were playing today but it did remind me of who I would be seeing very soon . . . . Grinderman! aka Nick Cave's new band.

I saw Nick Cave about a year ago and it was AMAZING! I will never forget that show. So I am absolutely thrilled to be seeing him again. His music really wretches at my heart, makes me shake my head in a frenzy, and move my feet in a way that feels good. I guess you can say I almost feel possessed, or a sense of immense passion. If you have a second, listen to the song below. It's beautiful and it might even make you cry.  Someone on youtube commented how this song gently kills you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!