Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Vintage Finds

San Francisco candy tin from the Addison Endpaper vintage sale

Beautiful beaded necklace also from Addison Endpapers. I broke it about two hours later after I bought it. Luckily, it is an easy fix.



 Unusual art piece from the Oakland Museum White Elephant Sale. I love how the dots are painted directly onto the glass


So obviously I have a growing passion for collecting an assortment of vintage items and well,  for shopping in general.  Since this desire of mine doesn't seem to be waning any time soon I am considering opening up a vintage store on Etsy. More thoughts on this soon . . . .

3 comments:

  1. i love that necklace!

    i'm having the same thought as well (i have inherited more vintage housewares than i know what to do with). i'm slightly intinmidated by it, and thus keep putting it off. but you seem to have a much better knowledge of the vintage world than i. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I want to see you vintage housewares! I love housewares and dishware. It's the first thing my eye is attracted to when I'm at a sale. And you shouldn't be intimidated! I'm pretty bad about guessing what year something was made but I'm thinking about hunting down some sort of book to help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's gotta be some kind of online resource too, one would think (she asks hopefully)?
    It's something I really ought to do -- no point in having such lovely things hiding in boxes, when they can be happy in someone's home. I think maybe when it stops being so completely yucktastic outside, I'll be a bit more motivated to head out into the garage and sort through it all. :) I'll def post some photos once I get to that point!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!