Wednesday, August 17, 2011

ADORN=Amazing


I love craft books. LOVE. But I also love crafty magazines as well. I was lucky enough to come across these old ADORN issues a few months back. This magazine is so amazing but unfortunately it went out of business a few years back. This is the only magazine I have come across that's specifically geared towards modern day crafting. It really covers everything from sewing, embroidery, home decor,and so much more.



One of my favorite projects is this fabric passport wallet. It's the perfect project for a fabric addict like me. Alas, the pattern for this purty little fabric wonder was only available online and I thought it was no longer available until last night!  I happily discovered that the original designer of the wallet scanned the pattern and instructions for all to enjoy! Thanks Maia! Your wallet is amazing!

Instructions HERE

Pattern HERE

I know this is a passport wallet, but I also think it's the perfect accessory for fall!

7 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [18 Aug 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't get the instructions link to work...could you email them to me? Thanks tons!
    Michelle
    P.s. the pattern download worked perfect : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Michelle! Thanks for letting me know about the broken link. I fixed it and would be more than happy to send it your way but I can't seem to access your blogger profile. Hope you return and reclick the link!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi - unfortunately I am not able to access your link, would you be so kind to send your pattern to twooleydesigns@gmail.com. This is exactly what I've been looking for. Thank you so much for sharing it. I'm a novice sewer and I think I can handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    I was wondering, when it says that the pieces need to be enlarged by 155% and that "this will fit on an 11 x 17 sheet of paper", does that mean that each piece will fit on an 11 x 17 sheet of paper of that ALL pieces will fit on one 11 x 17 sheet of paper? I would like to try making this but am not exactly clear on that note.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just a head's up, I tried taking the pattern (printed out at 100%) to Kinkos. I tried enlarging it 155% as it says on the instructions and it was blown way off the 11 x17 paper. We tried numerous ways around it, even cropping just the pattern (but that didn't work, since the patterns then were slightly different sizes) Finally, we tried just having it fit to the 11 x 17 paper, which was 129% enlargement. I put my ID up against the ID box to get an idea and it appears correct. Hopefully it works! Just curious if anyone else had that problem at all.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!