Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Made: Wiksten Tank


If you are looking for a fresh summer accessory AND an easy sewing project, you must try the Wiksten Tank pattern. This cute top has been making the rounds across the sewing/craft blog network and for good reason. It is an easy project (even for a novice sewer!) and in a matter of hours you'll have a fresh new top to add to your summer wardrobe. The pattern also calls for french seams, which sounds daunting, but it will make you feel all fancy once you complete them.

I used a warm abstract print and instead of binding it with the same fabric, I decided to use some vintage brown lace bias tape I had lying around. The lace was a little tricky to sew but I thought it added a nice touch. The back of the shirt was a little loose (I used a quilting cotton so the draping was a little stiff) so I added a small double inner pleat on the top of the back neckline to take up some of the slack.  You can buy the pattern HERE and also find out more about Jenny Gordy by following her BLOG. Hopefully, we'll be seeing more patterns from this very talented lady in the not so distant future.


4 comments:

  1. That looks really cool! Maybe I should haul my sewing machine out of the closet.

    http://www.AllThingsTangled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this top! Well done. I will definitely be checking out this pattern.

    www.owlanddrum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for something easy to try. this looks perfect. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great pattern and there are so many things you can add to it. It really doesn't take that long to make either!

      Delete

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!