Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Art Exhibits

embroidery work by Cathy Pitters

I just heard about an upcoming embroidery art show in Portland called, One Stitch Forward, One Stitch Back via twitter. I am very tempted to make a roadtrip to Portland to see it. If anyone out there knows about these artists or ends up taking/finding photos of the exhibit, will you please let me know? I'm really interested in seeing the work they included and how well the curator executed the theme of the show.

I have another art event that I am going to tomorrow night. My friend Sam, is having his senior thesis art opening. He will be serving pie and will have a live musician playing relaxing music during the opening to help enhance the viewer's experience. Sam is a very talented artist so I am absolutely thrilled to see his new work. Just look at his show flyer above. It's amazing!

Even though Sam's work is not craft related, I plan on sharing photos of his exhibit with you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!