Sunday, February 14, 2010

lipstick and love

I received some lovely V-Day cards from friends and family this year. My mom made the card with the fabric heart on it. This is the second card incorporating fabric and sewing that I have gotten from her. They are so great! Benny Kelly crafted the card to the left with some homemade erasure stamps. Very cool. And grandma sent me the beautiful card in the middle. Thanks everyone!

I also had a chance to stop by and pick up Cyndi Lauper's new coral red lipstick from MAC makeup today. Both Cyndi Lauper and Lady Gaga have teamed up with MAC makeup and designed two new lipsticks for the Viva Glam make-up series. The best part: 100% of the proceeds go directly to MAC's AIDS fund. I'm not a big lipstick lover but it was for a great cause and I love Cyndi Lauper AND Lady Gaga.

2 comments:

  1. Your mom is an artist. That's a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to get handmade cards!

    I listen to "girls just want to have fun" when I need a pick me up. I love her refusal to give up the 80's, regardless of fashion trends. That red is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!