Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July Pies

Four & Twenty Blackbird pie

When it comes to 4th of July desserts, I am team pie all the way. Cake is just too sweet for me nowadays and baked fruit of any kind makes my tastebuds dance.Unfortunately, my kitchen turns into a mini Sahara Desert in July which means baking is out of the question.

Instead I'll be picking up a pie from a truly unique Brooklyn gem, Four & Twenty Blackbirds. These guys keep it simple by only making pie. The sweet and the savory kind. But here are a few recipes I would gladly try out if my kitchen happened to have a nice window sill to cool some pie dishes on. Links to the recipes are below.
Strawberry hand pies from Country Living.

Savory Tomato Pie from Country Living











And for Team Cake, here is a delicious Blueberry Cheesecake recipe. Yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!